Well, summer is right around the corner! And there’s nothing like a cool cocktail to beat the heat. Did you know, the Tequila Sunrise has its roots dating all the way back to the ’30s? It was invented by a Phoenix local, seeking to create a refreshing tequila drink to be enjoyed poolside. It’s an Arizona sunset in a glass, and quite tasty, too. Here’s how to make your own.
Tequila Sunrise Ingredients:
- 1 1⁄4 ounce of tequila
- 1 1⁄4 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3⁄4 ounce of grenadine
- Ice and soda water
- Orange slice and cherry for garnish
- Add ice to a Collins glass.
- Pour tequila and orange juice over ice.
- Pour in grenadine, it will settle at the bottom.
- Top with soda water
- Add orange slice and cherry for garnish.
- Enjoy your refreshing cocktail!
Recipe by The Westin Phoenix Downtown Hotel